[Sysreading] SRG for 2/2: Energy in computing
davisjam at vt.edu
Fri Jan 26 21:54:32 EST 2018
Great discussion today. I think we all have a pretty good sense of how the
Meltdown attack works now!
This week's theme is *Energy in computing*.
In an attempt to satisfy everyone who has stated an opinion:
- Papers 1 and 2 muck about in the Linux kernel
- Paper 3 explores the (disastrous) security implications of naive
1. ECOSystem: Managing Energy as a First Class Operating System Resource
et al., ASPLOS 2002.
2. Energy-aware task and interrupt management in Linux
Srinivasan et al., Ottawa Linux Symposium 2008.
3. CLKSCREW: Exposing the Perils of Security-Oblivious Energy Management
Tang et al., USENIX Security 2017.
Here's a little HotOS ditty related to energy, just for fun. Sign up if you
4. Free Lunch: Exploiting Renewable Energy For Computing
<https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~acr31/pubs/akoush-freelunch.pdf>, Akoush et al.,
"The usual": Friday Feb. 2 2018, KW2 2225, 3:30-5:00 PM.
Sign up here
Your sign-up is your RSVP.
Let me know if you have specific snack requests!
PhD student, Computer Science, 2015-?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sysreading