[Sysreading] First meeting: 23 Jan: Serverless Computing

James Davis davisjam at vt.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:21:46 EST 2019

Hi folks,

Thanks to those who filled out the whenisgood survey.

This semester we will meet on *Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30.*

Our first meeting will be *this Wednesday, 23 Jan 2018*.
The topic is *Serverless Computing*. Papers:
1. *Serverless Computation with OpenLambda*, HotCloud'16
2. *Serverless Computing: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back*, CIDR'19

Links to the papers are on the reading group website here
<http://people.cs.vt.edu/~davisjam/systems-reading-group/>.

Before the meeting please review at least the abstract and conclusion of
both papers. And RSVP here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QUiJoAneL1hyju2GSoHhuhrINJpM0_sKbR1bNj6xY-8/edit?usp=sharing>
!

   - Let me know that you are coming so I can buy enough pizza
   - I am looking for a volunteer to present one of the papers and bring
   1-2 discussion questions. Having two volunteers would be fine too ;-)

See you then!

~Jamie

--
Jamie Davis